Monday, October 31, 2011

Ratatouille-Piccata

I adore Piccata. The white wine and lemon goodness makes me jump for joy. But, being broke makes chicken hard to come by, so I made a veggie version instead. I used a few different vegetables, so I'm calling it Ratatouille-Piccata. I've made this twice now, I the key ingredient is the white wine. Make sure it is a wine you want to drink and that it's not overly sweet.

Roughly chop 1 medium sized onion, put in pot over medium heat with 1 tbsp butter, 1 block chicken bouillon, splash of hot sauce, 1 tbsp (or more if you like) capers, and 1 tbsp minced garlic. Cook until onions start to become translucent.


Add three roughly chopped roma tomatoes and one and a half or so pounds of roughly chopped zucchini. Keep the juice that comes out of the tomatoes and add it in. Cook until zucchini is fork tender.


Add the zest and juice of half a lemon, 1 cup white wine, and 2 tbsp cream cheese or Neufchâtel cheese. Stir until combined, then remove from heat. Toss with Angel hair pasta and serve immediately. 




Delicious. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment