Friday, April 15, 2011

Peachy Chicken, adapted from Heinz Malt Vinegar

I was in an Irish Pub getting deli sandwiches for lunch with my friends eons ago, and found this recipe. I straight up LOVE malt vinegar. It's the best thing every. If I can, I add equal parts ketchup and malt vinegar with a splash of Texas Pete to smother fries. So while I was inhaling some serious eats, I see this:


Gotta make that! Then I did. The end.


Step 1: Cut up the 2 1/2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast.


Step 2: Brown in a medium size skillet.


Step 3: Add the reserved liquid of a 15oz or 16oz can of peaches, 1/2 cup (thawed) frozen orange juice concentrate, 1/4 cup malt vinegar, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tsp dried basil leaves, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp cracked black pepper, 1 tsp powdered garlic, and a splash of Texas Pete. Drop to medium low temperature and clamp the lid on for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and falls apart.



Step 4: Add the peaches and heat through.




Step 5: Use 2 tbsp of the remaining orange juice concentrate and 2 tbsp of corn starch create a paste. Add to the low boiling liquid in the pot. Boil one minute until thickened, then remove from heat.


Step 6: Serve over rice with a side of broccoli. Enjoy the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment